Suggested lsst_sims tag to use with lsst_apps v12_0_rc1?

HI,
We’ve installed lsst_apps v12_0_rc1 at SLAC (RH6-64, gcc 4.9.3). We would also like to try out lsst_sims with that installation. Is there an appropriate tag to use? Is there a resource that might generally suggest the best current lsst_sims tag?
It was suggested I might poke @danielsf :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Heather

Frossie actually tagged everything with the same tag, including sims, so you should be able to install a v12 tag of everything.

Thanks, @ljones. I just gave it a try using the v12_0_rc1 tag… I seem to have hit a snag, which I haven’t encountered before. Has anyone else seen something like this?

bash-4.1$ scl enable devtoolset-3 bash
bash-4.1$ source loadLSST.bash
bash-4.1$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.9.2 20150212 (Red Hat 4.9.2-6) 
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

bash-4.1$ eups distrib install lsst_sims -t v12_0_rc1
eups distrib: Trouble reading manifest for lsst_sims master-ga3712cd25b+94 (generic): First line of manifest file /tmp/eups/distrib/lsst_sims_Re3zdp is corrupted:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

I think that error means that while lsst_sims was “eups distrib”-tagged with v12_0_rc1, the corresponding version was never actually published to the distribution server.

Ah - that could be. We didn’t do the build/publish, so I don’t know where square might have left off.

I know you were experimenting with lsstsw for a while, and this should build (using the tag as a git tag) that way. Otherwise, I can either ask @frossie about it or investigate and try to publish a build tomorrow myself.

Thanks, @ljones. As I’ve already gone down the “eups distrib” path for lsst_apps … can I mix a lsstsw install of lsst_sims against that “eups distrib” lsst_apps installation? Maybe the key word implied there is “easily” :slight_smile: I see the post concerning an eups distrib installation and a conda install:
https://community.lsst.org/t/running-a-conda-installation-and-an-eups-distrib-installation-a-git-repo-version-of-a-package-on-the-same-machine/710
Otherwise, if it’s possible to publish the build that would be helpful. Alternatively, I can just start over with lsstsw.
Thanks!

I haven’t tried mixing eups distrib and lsstsw installations – I haven’t used lsstsw that much, sorry. I think you could, in principle, mix them pretty easily, but it would perhaps require a bit of work to tell lsstsw about the eups distrib installation?

Hi @heather999, sounds like the lsst_sims build is not currently published, but @frossie is hoping to get a release out this weekend. Unfortunately I’ve been a little overwhelmed with stuff this week, and haven’t had a chance to publish a build myself. It might be quicker for you to start over with lsstsw I’m afraid.

… And, due to a couple of things colliding, I did actually publish a sims_2.2.5 version that goes with lsst_apps v12_0_rc1. So you should be able to get an eups-distrib-buildable lsst_sims build to go with it now!

Tags would be: -t sims or -t sims_2.2.5