Baseline Plan for Blended Fitting

A quick comment: this behavior happens because we didn’t tell opsim that we want to spread observations over 10 years (though I am not certain that the current opsim functionality would support such cadence). The bottom line is that i) you shouldn’t worry that such behavior is set in stone, and ii) you should be assertive about asking the Project to fix such problems (and report any other ones that you find). Thanks for the input so far!

Another quick comment: I do hope to address most of these comments and questions in the Blended Objects session at LSST2016 on Wednesday afternoon. I’ll post a summary (and my slides) here after that’s done.

1 Like

Jim’s talk was very helpful and informative.

From the viewpoint of the SMWLV collaboration, it seems we should wait until the new DM schedule is made (perhaps late September), then we will we know more about the plans for crowded field photometry. We plan a videoconference in October anyway. If someone from DM would be available to discuss the plan and how we can help that would be great.

Slides from the talk are here. (I don’t think that requires any authentication, but please let me know if it doesn’t work for you).

1 Like