- Status of code in main branch (does it work at SLAC?)
- Report from BNL (@tony_johnson).
- Generic utility functions, useful for many use cases (eg, ROI specification).
CCS system is installed at BNL. CCS has access to images. They will want
visualization soon. Tony will have more time to help with this.
Code in the Main Github branch has not been tested since update.
The image location is hard-coded in the back-end code. We need to make image access more flexible.
Action: SLAC or BNL needs to write a server that passes the location of the latest image to the back-end code.
The user needs to be able to pause updating of the image display.
Gregory says: The FF people could write a custom iimage search utility. This is not the highest priority now. It would require a F2F meeting to architect it.
Actions: for @jjt: Talk to @tony_johnson Tony about:
° Image access at BNL.
° Also, we need to have one of the test stand files for code debugging.
° What other amplifier metadata (besides the WCS) we need to persist in the combined ( single extension) FITS file.
° There is not yet a reference file that conforms to the standard Camera FITS format.
Status of the single-extension FITS file:
Conversion of the test-stand 16-extension FITS file (per CCD) works, but is not done very efficiently (all in memory). It’s good enough for single CCDs, but needs to be improved (perhaps) when we do a whole raft.
Action: @weiren2: Improve the documentation to make the code more easily usable.
DS9 does not (AFAIK) do gain and offset correction by amplifier. We may need to do this in the back end.
We’ll also want to subtract the bias (zero-time exposure) image. The overscans may have some of this information (not pixel-by pixel).
Action: @JJT: Describe the various image display options that the TS8 folks will want.
1: a. Get access to the latest TS8 image
b. Display it with and w/o overscan.
c. Pause button.
This is the MVP (“minimum viable product”).
2: Apply amplifier gain and offset corrections.
3: Other stuff:
- ROI utility, for use by multiple user commands. We need to specify the UI, to accommodate both command line and FF toolbar ROI selection. We want to display the selected ROI on the FF image display.
- Live readout of cursor position and amplifier region in image coordinates. WCS is not currently selectable. FF picks one.
Action: @gpdf Make sure that Tatiana and Xiu Qin (and other team members) have access to SLAC Confluence.