- Demo of the “Display Latest” function
- What needs improving? (e.g., documentation).
- Run it at SLAC
- Install at BNL
- Discuss longer-term plans.
- Prioritized list.
Some suggested changes to the “Display Latest” function:
- Right now,“Fetch Latest” (@tony_johnson’s interface to the images)runs onlyn when “Display Latest” is active. Action: @ywang: Make “Fetch Latest” always active (i.e.. the location of the latest image is always available).
- Add an interface command (and button) so that when “Display Latest” is paused, the user can request only one new image, without leaving the paused state.
Suggested code branch policy:
- Once branch code is checked in, the branch creator should remove the branch. Look at the DM procedure, posted by @xiuqin here. She has also posted a GitHub cheat sheet here. Perhaps we should rewrite the cheat sheet to match our usage.
- If code is being developed simultaneously in two branches, synchronized check-in can be managed using GitHub issues.
Right now, we need three code check-ins:
- Action: Back end @jbpagliuco. Done.
- Action: Front end @ywang. Done.
- Action: Fetch_Latest @tony_johnson. Also, make at least two images available, so images “flip” during Display_Latest operation.
Schedules and upcoming events:
- The new FF API will be available by the end of July. Here is the SPIE paper.
- We’d like to get the visualization code installed at BNL by the end of June. It needs to run at SLAC first , within the next week.
- @tony_johnson will give a 10 minute visualization talk at next week’s LSST camera meeting (agenda here). He will show:
- His data flow diagram.
- A raft image (provided by @marshall).
- The “help” prompt.
- Some bullet points.