UIUC people meet in Loomis
- FITS images
- Discuss header format for raft- and focal plane-scale images
- UIUC status
@tony_johnson has received a few hubdred images from BNL. They are of varying quality, butcan be used for code development/debugging.
Action: @tony_johnson will generate some displayable (single extension) images (with and without overscan) using the
HIERARCHkeyword to combine headers.
- There will be a meeting at BNL in mid-February. Demo the SW and gather feedback.
- @weiren2 will install (in the development branch) the new code that was written over the break.
- UIUC will create a new deveopment branch that is commonly owned, so that @jbpagliuco and @ywang can also install code.
- Short term projects:
Action: (all three students): Using
read_mouse, specify regions by name, including whether it’s a data or overscan region.
Action: @ywang: Generalize the
graphfunction. For now:
graph_pixels: pixel distribution in a region.
graph_noise: noise for each of 16 CCD amplifiers or 72 raft amplifiers.
graph_projection: average pixel for each row in a region.
- Somewhat longer term:
blink: Switch between tao images, either on a clock, or by user command.
- Differences and ratios of images.
We need to discuss what, if any, image processing (e.g.,
ax+b gain and bias correction) we want to do before displaying an image.