I'd propose a session for the community part of LSST 2017, where we can present the updated understanding of what will be available at the LSST Data Access Center (DAC) and how the community will be able to use the DAC resources to explore and analyze the LSST data. There has been a lot of work on this since a year ago, resulting in a pretty clear vision (and working prototypes!). I don't believe we've yet had a chance to present it coherently to the broadest LSST community -- this session could correct that.
* LSST Science Platform vision (present https://github.com/lsst-dmsst/LSE-319)
* JupyterLab talk and demo (based on https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOVYFNUhDEm_gTJXLFhxgh1bgu-pCI0s1)
* Portal talk and demo (based on the PDAC work)
* Web APIs
* Potential changes to the Database (RDBMS vs NoSQL, and a good mix of the two)
* What we've learned about alert distribution (VOEvent issues, formats/protocols, brokers).