Just wanted to advertise what I think will be a very interesting session during the PCW next week, “Rubin tools applied to DECam (and other precursor data sets)”:
This session is scheduled for Thursday 8/10 from 2pm-3:30pm PDT, in the “Sabino” room. The above hyperlink contains the session abstract and agenda, which I’ve also placed below:
We will discuss the application of Rubin data reduction tools, particularly the data management pipelines, to community scientific data sets collected on other wide-field imaging instruments such as DECam and HSC. This session will include invited talks by Project and community members, and conclude with a group discussion. An envisioned outcome of this session is a synthesis of lessons learned and the exchange of ideas about future plans for applications of the LSST pipelines to precursor data sets.
- Shenming Fu (NOIRLab) - LoVoCCS and DECam multi-messenger astrophysics pipelines (15 minutes)
- Yusra AlSayyad (Princeton) - Pipelines Algorithm/Development Perspective on Precursor Data (15 minutes)
- Meredith Rawls (UW) - DECam processing with ApPipe (15 minutes)
- Lee Kelvin (Princeton) - Merian reductions with the LSST pipelines (15 minutes)
- group discussion (30 minutes)
Hope to see you there!