Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Establishing if Science Pipeline is ready for next release.
Tentative target date to close the release on June 28th, 2019.
Release Jira issue: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-19147
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
To all science pipeline contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in the next 18.0 release. If no outstanding issues are highlighted, and no problems are found, we plan to use next weekly build (w_2019_22 from June the 1st) as the starting point for the 18.0 major release.
- Wait for contributors to clear
- Release candidate w_2019_23 identified as a valid starting point for the 18.0 release (DM-19998)
Release Engineering Steps
- Git Tag v18.0.rc1
- Eups publish rc1 candidate (based on b4285) (also w_2019_23)
- Branch v18 of newinstall.sh
- Github release lsst_demo v18
- Wait for the first round of bugs to clear
- Repeat last 2 steps, -rc2 and rc3 candidates <-- final candidate is rcX
- Confirm DM Externals are at stable tags
- Full OS testing (see https://ls.st/faq )
- Tag DM Auxilliary (non-lsst_distrib) repos
- Git Tag 18.0, rebuild, eups publish
Binary release steps
- Produce factory binaries (produced using tarball-matrix)
- Test factory binaries
- Gather contributed binaries
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Finalizing Release Note
- Email announcement