We are starting the science pipelines release process for 22.0.0. The process will be tracked on ticket https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-25629 and this post. Please check back for updates.
The tentative weekly for the starting point for the release is w_2021_14.
The tentative target date to close is 2021-05-30.
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
Contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that must be included in the next release and relate them as blockers to the issue DM-25629.
- Wait until all blocking issues are resolved.
- Create Jira issues for each release activity
- Check that the weekly build is scientifically suitable to be used as the starting point for the release
Release Engineering Steps
- Create first release candidate v22.0.0.rc1
- Release candidate v22.0.0.rc1 available
- Build the release candidate on supported platforms. Report bugs in Jira if any.
- Invite developers, contributors, and downstream users to verify the release candidate and report bugs in Jira if any.
- Wait for bugs and additional issues to be identified, fixed, and ported to the release branch.
- Create new release candidates if bugs / new issues have been fixed in the release branch
- Create official release 22.0.0
In parallel with the engineering steps, after rc1 is available.
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Release availability community post