We are starting the science pipelines release process for 25.0.0. The process will be tracked on ticket DM-32971]([DM-32971] Do Release 25.0.0 of Science Pipelines - Jira and this post. Please check back for updates.
The tentative weekly for the starting point for the release is w_2022_48.
The tentative target date to close is 2023-02-01.
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
Contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that must be included in the next release and relate them as blockers to the issue DM-32971.
- Wait until all blocking issues are resolved.
- Create Jira issues for each release activity
4. Check that the weekly build is scientifically suitable to be used as the starting point for the release
Create first release candidate v25.0.0.rc1
Release candidate v25.0.0.rc1 available
Build the release candidate on supported platforms. Report bugs in Jira if any.
Invite developers, contributors, and downstream users to verify the release candidate and report bugs in Jira if any.
Wait for bugs and additional issues to be identified, fixed, and ported to the release branch.
6. Create new release candidates if bugs / new issues have been fixed in the release branch
Create official release 25.0.0
In parallel with the engineering steps, after rc1 is available.
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Release availability community post