Stack release 14.0 - Status and discussion

I think it’d be very good to include DM-11625, a very serious algorithmic bug that barely missed the cut (it went into w_2017_34).

The fix is tiny and highly localized, and the effect of the bug was serious enough to cause the HSC team to restart our official data release processing (and delay the release by over a month); it results in tons of missing objects in the coadd catalogs in very deep data.

Note that this will be the first release with pybind11.

1 Like

The distrib server has a v14_0_rc2. Is RC1 really the final candidate? If not, which weekly is RC2 based on? I think the versions are a bit different from 33.

rc_2 is rc_1 plus a hot fix from Jim. I’m still struggling to produce binaries from it, i’ll update the status soon.

as in more than one package being different? Did the third parties change between rc1 and rc2? It should be a single change to one package with that cherry pick.

As in:

$ diff v14_0_rc1.list v14_0_rc2.list | diffstat
 unknown |  181 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------------
 1 file changed, 70 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)

Some of those look like trivial changes. RC1 appears to include Sims, which has been dropped from RC2. I didn’t look closely.