- Discuss migration of camera visualization code to use the new JS/React/Redux based Firefly.
- General discussion of near term plans and priorities.
- Installed the visualization SW. Took a bit longer than expected (not due to vis-specific issues).
- Fed a simulated image through the system, but too late to get much feedback.
- Get rid of hard-wired locations.
@weiren2 has fixed this. The image URL is now communicated to front end from the back end.
- Some improvements are still needed, to make user interaction simpler.
- @marshall Manipulation of small regions in a large image is not yet done optimally.
For development of the new Firefly API, we will need a new Tomcat server, because names have changed. UIUC already has two Tomcat instances on the server.
@tatianag atiana showed a demo of some of the new FF functionality.
Point selectoin is converted to image coordinates. There was some confusion about how this actually works – we want program communication always to be image coordinates.
FF still does not work with Tomcat 8. THere is an issue with the order of loading JAR files. There may be more issues than TC7 vs TC8.
SLAC will rebuild the SW at IR2, than port to BNL. IR2 HW is not yet completely installed. The goal: Have the SW working at BNL by the end of September. Is it better to do it at SLAC first?
@xiuqin (and other IPAC people) will be at SLAC the week after next, to discuss larger FF issues with Jacek, et al.
The UIUC group will discuss student resources (taking into account work on the new API) at its internal meeting next week.