Access to Trello for SCs?

Hi folks, not sure if this is the best place to ask this so feel free to move it if there is somewhere better… Within the Solar System Science Collaboration, we would like to start using something like Trello to keep track of the various software work packages required and being developed by in-kind contributions, the general software dev pool and SSSC members allowing our members to keep track of what’s being worked on, where’s it’s up to etc.
Since Rubin Project is already using several other Atlassian products, I was wondering if it was possible for us to have a ‘SSSC Software’ Workspace and Board within a project-wide Trello rather than hosting it within my personal Trello account for example

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim, the Forum is a great place to ask! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have some initial thoughts.

Rubin staff do use Atlassian products Confluence and Jira, but not Trello. I’m not sure whether it is possible to make a non-staff board in the Jira space – or whether Jira is really the right tool for the SSSC’s needs. I know the DESC have their own separate Confluence space and use Trello, and those tools seem effective for DESC.

We do want to make sure the Science Collaborations have the communication and web infrastructure support they need (as in Section 3 of the SC’s Federation Charter). Setting up and administering a Confluence or Trello space for the Science Collaborations is something I could see the Community Science team taking on to support the Science Collaborations, for example.

Next steps from here, we could continue to discuss in this thread or tag up in Zoom sometime next week?

Thanks for your response Melissa. I think a Zoom call next week would be good as I’m flying back from Leiden/ESA ESTEC tomorrow and so it would be best to outline and iterate what I’m thinking of in a call (jetlag permitting)

Sounds good Tim. Safe travels and send me a private message next week so we can work out a time for an informal chat? (If anyone else seeing this would like to join please just let us know!).

Just to echo that having a Trello workspace that could have a few boards that the SSSC could use would be great.

Tim and I met today and chatted about the use case here. I’m going to explore options and see whether the Community Science team might be able to support a project management board. I’ll report back in a few weeks.

In the meantime, anyone from other SCs can feel free to chime in on how they might use such a resource here in this Topic thread.