Building obs_decam

That’s because obs_decam is newer than the 12.0 release. You need to checkout the git version that matches the 12.0 ip_isr. I don’t think obs_decam got a tag because it wasn’t part of the release. @frossie can confirm.

So it looks like we’ve overcome the earlier problem (probably caused by an old version of sconsUtils): this new error is different, and @timj has given you the correct diagnosis: you need to find a version of obs_decam corresponding to the stack v12 release. Based on the dates, I’m guessing 737bd0d might do the trick.

Hello jdswinbank,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the earlier problem seems to be solved. Thank you!
To search for a compatible version of obs_decam that matches stack 12.0, I have been trying most of the packages under the branches but none of them actually worked. I received the same error message for all of them.

I have also tried the one you suggested tickes/DM-6147, but unfortunately, it did not work either. Please help.

Thanks

Use the mainline (not the branches) at different points in time. The 12.0 snapshot appears to be about 4 weeks ago between May 23 and May 30 (@frossie will know). Maybe try 7bf2411?

When you say that “none of them actually worked”, what is the actual error that shows it’s not working?

I got obs_decam to work with v12 by checking out 2c2dc43. Not sure if that’s precisely the right one or not.

More broadly, I think it’s a problem that obs_decam is not “in the release” (I don’t know what criteria sets that). I put a note that in what I think is the relevant ticket, DM-5661.

Hello price,

Thank you for your reply. What I meant was that it showed the same error message as before: ImportError: cannot import name LinearizeLookupTable.

Thank you so much ctslater, as you suggested I found 2c2dc43 is working properly.

Thank you guys for all you helps!

Warm regards,

Leng

For obs_subaru, we simply put obs_subaru into lsst_distrib (all it takes is an RFC). The problem with obs_decam is that there’s no package owner — no-one overseeing its development, no-one ensuring that it’s always working, no-one making it easy to use for users, no-one to write the RFC.

Is obs_decam important for LSST or not? If so, it needs to be regularly CI-ed and it needs an owner who is regularly using it himself.

1 Like