Can I use lsst-pipeline to process the CSST's simulation data?

Hi
Now I’m working in CSST(China Space Station Telescope),I wonder how can I process CSST’s simulation data.

Another question, Can I process simulation data via HSC-part(CFHT-part or any Camera-par) in lsst pipeline?

(Please forgive my bad English)

Hi @SherlockYibo, as I understand it the LSST Science Pipelines can (in theory) be applied to data from other telescopes and instruments (like HSC, as you know). But whether any particular data set (or simulated data set) is compatible with the processing software is, as far as I know, something that can only be figured out by trying to do it. There are some “getting started” instructions available at pipelines.lsst.io, and it would be great to hear back about what you tried and how it worked.

If anyone else who has attempted to process CSST data (or similar) with the LSST Science Pipelines finds this thread, please feel free to chime in.

Specifically, you may want to look at How to create a new LSST obs package — LSST Science Pipelines for the kind of information and code you will need to provide to define your instrument.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot

I’m trying to creat a creat a new obs packe. Thank u

Reading this user manual has helped me very much even though I am just a beginner. Thanks !