Last week the EuroBrokers (Ampel/Fink/Lasair) had a collaboration meeting, and we discussed cutout images. I was actioned to find out a bit more. Thank you for your responses!
We three brokers agreed that
– There will be a very large number of cutouts
– We do not envision massive mining of cutouts
– Rather it will be small scale “look and see” of the cutouts of interesting events
– To reduce the numbers, we are considering keeping only recent cutouts, perhaps 3 months
Therefore we would like to ask of the LSST project
– Will LSST run a cutout image service (CIO)?
– Is there anything in the LSST documentation I should be looking at?
– If there is a CIO, could we rely on it for cutouts more than 3 months old?
– Would there be a “do not abuse” policy for CIO, similar to the forced photometry service?
– Would a CIO be restricted to data rights holders?
– Would the pixels be the same as came with the alert, or would there be re-processing?