The DM Monthly status report covering May activities has been posted in Docushare, Collection-5185. For your convenience, the High-level/Summary/Status is pasted below. Direct link to full report (pdf): http://ls.st/dl6.
The DMLT got together in Seattle and had a productive face-to-face meeting. Work continues toward the July review. We now have the first versions of a product tree, architecture diagrams, and component descriptions. A tracing of components to newly-updated requirements has been put in place, uncovering some requirement updates.
The SuperTask working group is wrapping up formal requirement documentation. An internal review of the draft requirements preceded a “hack week” to produce in working code. There are still some requirements on other components to be resolved.
Significant improvement to the scientific algorithms include:
- The WCS implementation for Alerts was significantly improved as well as bringing the Zackay, Ofek & Gal Yam (2016) image differencing algorithm to the LSST DM Stack.
- Work on PSF homogenization is now complete, making PSF-matched coadds a first-class data product in the LSST stack.
- The stack now also includes a pipeline capable of fitting out-of-focus images, an important step towards high-quality PSF modeling.
- The prototype Non-negative Matrix Factorization (NMF) deblender continues to show promising results.
Highlights from the PDAC, data processing and visualization:
- All initial WISE data is now available in the PDAC.
- A discrepancy in the overlap region between NCSA and IN2P3-processed regions of the SDSS Stripe 82 data available in the PDAC has been resolved.
- We successfully processed the full HSC Strategic Survey Program (SSP) Public Data Release 1 (PDR1) using the LSST stack on hardware at NCSA.
- A time series visualization tool was was released along with the NEOWISE 2017 data release: LSST benefits from many bug fixes and improvements.
Networks and infrastructure news:
- The Summit Base ITC Design Document (SBIDD) and Summit Computer Room Requirements Documents have been submitted for baselining.
- We accepted/tested La Serena - AURA Gatehouse fiber and summits - Gatehouse fiber.
- Tarballs for eups-based binary distribution are now in the automated weekly distributions.