Error during building Stack 12_0: obs_lsstSim

Hi

During installing/building the stack 12_0. It fails:

[ 83/90 ]  meas_modelfit 12.0 (already installed)                     done. 
  [ 84/90 ]  obs_lsstSim 12.0 ... 

***** error: from /sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/build.log:
    self.fail("Failed to close %d file%s" % (len(diff), "s" if len(diff) != 1 else ""))
AssertionError: Failed to close 1 file

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 3 tests in 22.722s

FAILED (failures=1)
File open: /afs/in2p3.fr/home/l/lsstprod/.astropy/config/astropy.log
The following tests failed:
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getCamera.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getRaw.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getId.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getBias.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getMD.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/getFlat.py.failed
/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/obs_lsstSim-12.0/tests/.tests/validate.py.failed
7 tests failed
scons: *** [checkTestStatus] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
+ exit -4
eups distrib: Failed to build obs_lsstSim-12.0.eupspkg: Command:
        source /sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/eups/bin/setups.sh; export EUPS_PATH=/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw; (/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/build.sh) >> /sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/build.log 2>&1 4>/sps/lsst/dev/lsstprod/weeklies/lsstsw/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/obs_lsstSim-12.0/build.msg 
exited with code 252

The config directory was not empty (previous build …)
In fact, I had to manually erase the directory

`/afs/in2p3.fr/home/l/lsstprod/.astropy/config/`

then I restarted and the build completed.

-rw-r--r-- 1 lsstprod lsst 4694 Nov 30 15:41 astropy.1.1.1.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 lsstprod lsst 4694 Nov 30 15:41 astropy.cfg

Apparently it was not able to regenerate those files when they exist in the config directory.

Is there a way to redirect the production of this config files elsewhere?

Thanks
Christian

I haven’t seen this error before with the Astropy logging system but I wonder if AFS behaves like NFS in terms of file descriptors.

Regardless from http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/logging.html it looks like if you make the astropy.log file read-only that might fix the problem. Setting $HOME to something different might also help. Astropy seemingly supports $XDG_CONFIG_HOME as well but I doubt that scons will forward that environment variable to the tests. The odd thing is that for most people running the tests the log files are full of complaints from Astropy that it can’t find the log files so it’s a bit strange that you are encountering the opposite problem.

OK I’ll try the suggestions and let you know…

Thanks
Christian