How to re-compile obs_subaru for hscPipe 8.3 (for processing new filter EB-gri)

Hi,

I am processing the data from the new EB-gri filter using hscPipe 8.3. However, the default parameters were not effective for this new filter, so I had to edit the relevant parameters to get it to work, especially filterMap and colorterms. I believe that the edited code may need to be recompiled or otherwise modified in order to function properly. Do you have any suggestions?

I probably don’t fully understand the following commands, but I did give it a try. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.

cd /array/users/ytchen/hscPipe830_ichiro/stack/miniconda3-4.7.10-4d7b902/Linux64/obs_subaru/8.3-hsc/
setup -k -r .

#scons
#scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File “/array/users/ytchen/hscPipe830_ichiro/stack/miniconda3-4.7.10-4d7b902/Linux64/scons/3.0.0.lsst1+6/lib/scons/SCons/Script/Main.py”, line 924, in _main

eups declare -r . -t ytchen
cd …/
setup obs_subaru 8.3-hsc

1 Like

You cannot build using scons in an installed directory (under miniconda*). You may want to have a look at the instructions in Building a package with the installed Science Pipelines stack — LSST Science Pipelines

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder.
I have successfully processed the EB-GRI data using both the installation of a new obs_subaru with modified filter information and directly editing the installed obs_subaru. The major issue I faced was due to a mistake in the filter name, which was resolved by capitalizing all letters.

1 Like