How to use Aladin Lite user interactively?

Hello,

I am Celine Mang, a junior at Vanderbilt University. I have enjoyed exploring the website( https://lasair-ztf.lsst.ac.uk/ )and was truly inspired. I am currently building a similar website using Aladin Lite, aimed at displaying user-uploaded files, and find myself in need of some expert advice.

Could you kindly share which components of the Aladin Lite open-source code were utilized in the creation of this site?

I am also curious whether the website was constructed exclusively with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Lastly, I would appreciate any insights into how user-uploaded files are integrated into the Aladin Lite map.

Your expertise and any guidance you could provide would be invaluable to me as I undertake this project independently.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi @celinemang, just a quick note to say thanks for this question, and that I’ve moved this topic into the “Support - Lasair” category as it seems best suited for a Lasair developer to answer (perhaps @roy?).

Oh, okay! Thank you so much!

Hi Celine
First to say Aladinlite has excellent documentation and example code. I think it would be difficult to disentangle the Lasair code, so I direct you there.

The Lasair front page and object page: Each of these is based on adding markers to AladinLite as in this example code.

Lasair’s Gravitational Wave skymap, is based on adding markers as above, but also displaying a MOC file as in this example code.

Hope this helps. If you have more specific questions you could contact me directly at roy@roe.ac.uk or the builders of AladinLite at cds-question@unistra.fr
Roy

2 Likes

Hello Roy,

Thank you so much for your answer. It really helped me a lot!
Also, I asked you another question via your email. Thank you!