Installation error on boost 1.60.lsst1+1

When installing sims-maf I get the error below. I’m using the miniconda installed by newinstall.sh. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Haley

[ 19/77 ] boost 1.60.lsst1+1 …

***** error: from /home/hbowden/lsst4/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/boost-1.60.lsst1+1/build.log:
./boost/spirit/home/classic/core/non_terminal/impl/grammar.ipp:286:68: warning: typedef ‘iterator_t’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
typedef typename helper_list_t::vector_t::reverse_iterator iterator_t;
^
gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/wave/build/gcc-4.8.5/release/link-static/threading-multi/instantiate_re2c_lexer_str.o
In file included from ./boost/spirit/home/classic/core/non_terminal/grammar.hpp:21:0,
from ./boost/spirit/home/classic/core.hpp:42,
from ./boost/spirit/include/classic_core.hpp:11,
from ./boost/wave/cpplexer/re2clex/cpp_re2c_lexer.hpp:25,
from libs/wave/src/instantiate_re2c_lexer_str.cpp:29:
./boost/spirit/home/classic/core/non_terminal/impl/grammar.ipp: In function ‘void boost::spirit::classic::impl::grammar_destruct(GrammarT*)’:
./boost/spirit/home/classic/core/non_terminal/impl/grammar.ipp:286:68: warning: typedef ‘iterator_t’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
typedef typename helper_list_t::vector_t::reverse_iterator iterator_t;
^
gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/wave/build/gcc-4.8.5/release/link-static/threading-multi/cpplexer/re2clex/cpp_re.o
gcc.archive bin.v2/libs/wave/build/gcc-4.8.5/release/link-static/threading-multi/libboost_wave.a
common.copy stage/lib/libboost_wave.a
…failed updating 2 targets…
…skipped 6 targets…
…updated 1122 targets…

• exit -4
    eups distrib: Failed to build boost-1.60.lsst1+1.eupspkg: Command:
    source /home/hbowden/lsst4/eups/bin/setups.sh; export EUPS_PATH=/home/hbowden/lsst4; (/home/hbowden/lsst4/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/boost-1.60.lsst1+1/build.sh) >> /home/hbowden/lsst4/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/boost-1.60.lsst1+1/build.log 2>&1 4>/home/hbowden/lsst4/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/boost-1.60.lsst1+1/build.msg
    exited with code 252
1 Like

Hi Haley,

Looks like you’re installing on Linux – could you add what kind of linux (ubuntu? centos 7?)
Also, could you please attach the contents of the file

/home/hbowden/lsst4/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/boost-1.60.lsst1+1/build.log

Unfortunately, I will quickly run out of my personal knowledge on fixing problems with installing boost (vs. some of the sims packages themselves), but this extra information will help others diagnose the problem.

Lynne

build.log (296.5 KB)

I attached the contents of that file. Also, I’m using centos 7.

Haley

Doing this yum install command seemed to fix the problem.

yum install bison curl blas bzip2-devel bzip2 flex fontconfig \         
freetype-devel gcc-c++ gcc-gfortran git libuuid-devel \       
libXext libXrender libXt-devel make openssl-devel patch perl \         
readline-devel tar zlib-devel ncurses-devel cmake glib2-devel \        
java-1.8.0-openjdk gettext perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
1 Like

For anyone else that ends up here, I just hit this same issue doing the install, and using apt-get, this line worked for me (as per stack overflow):

sudo apt-get install build-essential g++ python-dev autotools-dev libicu-dev build-essential libbz2-dev libboost-all-dev

In my case, libbz2-dev was the only thing that was actually missing