LINCC Tech Talk on April 11 @ 5pm UTC: Fink: enabling multi-messenger astronomy in the Rubin era

Dear all,

I hope you will join us for the April LINCC Tech Talk session that will take place on Thursday, April 11, at 10h PT = 13h ET = 13h CLT = 19h CET on Zoom (https://ls.st/lincc-talks ). We will hear from Emille Ishida, who will talk about the Fink broker.

Fink: enabling multi-messenger astronomy in the Rubin era

In this talk I will present Fink, an astronomy broker specifically designed for LSST. Fink is based on high-end technology and designed for fast and efficient analysis of big data streams. It has been chosen as one of the official LSST brokers who will receive the full data stream. I will highlight the state-of-the-art machine learning techniques used to generate early classification scores for a variety of time-domain phenomena (kilonovae, supernovae, microlensing and solar system objects among others). I will also describe the development of personalized machine learning models which are able to deliver different streams based on user feedback and discuss the implementation and philosophical challenges involved.

LINCC Tech Talks are held on the second Thursday of every month. Events are also advertised at our web page and also provided in calendar form; and the #lincc-tech-talks LSSTC Slack channel is always available for discussions before, during, and after the talks.