LINCC Tech Talk on May 9 @ 6pm UTC: Rubin Science Platform - Enabling Data-Driven Science with the LSST

Dear all,

I hope you will join us for the May LINCC Tech Talk session that will take place on Thursday, May 9, at 11h PT = 14h ET = 14h CLT = 20h CET on Zoom (https://ls.st/lincc-talks ). We will hear from Leanne Guy, who will talk about the Rubin Science Platform.

Rubin Science Platform - Enabling Data-Driven Science with the LSST

In just over 1 year, the Vera C. Rubin Observatory will start executing its prime mission, the 10-year Legacy Survey of Space and Time (LSST). The Rubin Science Platform (RSP) is the service through which the scientific community will access, visualize, subset, and perform next-to-the-data analysis of the data collected by the LSST. In this talk I will give an introduction to the RSP, describe its technical capabilities and showcase some scientific analyses using the DP0 dataset. I will then provide discuss remaining functionality to be delivered before the start of the survey and into the early operations era.

LINCC Tech Talks are held on the second Thursday of every month. Events are also advertised at our web page and also provided in calendar form ; and the #lincc-tech-talks LSSTC Slack channel is always available for discussions before, during, and after the talks.