LSST 2019 Project and Community Workshop Registration Open - 1st Announcement
Tucson, AZ August 12-16, 2019
Registration is now open for the LSST 2019 Project and Community Workshop which will take place at The Hilton-El Conquistador in Tucson, AZ the week of August 12, 2019.
We would like to invite you to a week of face to face interactions with your LSST Community and Project colleagues. These are exciting times across the LSST Project as we continue to integrate and verify hardware and software systems, and test results start to come in.
Facilitating remote participants at previous meetings has proved to be demanding on our resources and lacking in sufficient positive results. Therefore, remote attendance to breakout sessions at LSST2019 will not be an option. We hope to see you in person in Tucson, otherwise, you can watch Plenary talks through a non-interactive Bluejeans broadcast.
The week will focus on Project topics beginning Monday morning, overlapping with the Community workshop on Tuesday, which will run through to Thursday. Friday morning will be used to report on the breakouts and wrap up the week, and the afternoon will be available for continued work and discussions with your colleagues. There will also be an optional workshop on “Opportunities for Enhancing LSST Science with Suborbital Missions” during the week. Meeting spaces will be available all day Monday through Friday to support breakouts, requested mini-workshops, and sub-system specific working meetings - so please suggest anything that you would like to see at LSST 2019!
What to do:
- REGISTER ($80/day) early-bird pricing until June 30th here: https://project.lsst.org/meetings/lsst2019/registration. If you don’t have a login request one by clicking “register” or “Create new account” on the page.
- SUBMIT your plenary and breakout sessions suggestions by May 13 here https://project.lsst.org/meetings/lsst2019/node/add/session (login required). The LSST community forum https://community.lsst.org/ can be used as a playground to generate and consolidate ideas for sessions. If you wish to submit a session that someone else will run make sure they are onboard with the idea before submitting.
- VOTE on all suggested topics after May 28, so that we can create an agenda that is most relevant for everyone.
- ENJOY productive time with your LSST community in Tucson in August!
- USE #LSST2019 for social media posts
The overall meeting website is here: https://project.lsst.org/meetings/lsst2019/
Hotel booking information will be emailed to you with your conference registration confirmation.
(As a reminder to Project Personnel, all travel on LSST Project Funds must be pre-approved and flights booked through LSST Travel Administrator Erin Carlson - ECarlson@lsst.org, additionally Project Personnel should register using the coupon code supplied by their supervisors)
++++++++++++++++++ firstname.lastname@example.org ++++++++++++++++++