lsst.pex.config.config.FieldValidationError in tutorial

The tutorial works well until the command forcedPhotCoadd.py DATA --rerun coaddPhot:coaddForcedPhot --id filter=HSC-R and then fails with

root INFO: Loading config overrride file '/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/obs_subaru/17.0.1/config/forcedPhotCoadd.py'
Cannot import lsst.meas.extensions.photometryKron: disabling Kron measurements
Cannot import lsst.meas.extensions.convolved (No module named 'lsst.meas.extensions.convolved'): disabling convolved flux measurements
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/configChoiceField.py", line 246, in __getitem__
    value = self._dict[k]
KeyError: 'ext_convolved_ConvolvedFlux'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/configChoiceField.py", line 249, in __getitem__
    dtype = self._field.typemap[k]
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/registry.py", line 208, in __getitem__
    return self.registry[k].ConfigClass
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/registry.py", line 159, in __getitem__
    return self._dict[key]
KeyError: 'ext_convolved_ConvolvedFlux'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/meas_base/17.0.1/bin/forcedPhotCoadd.py", line 24, in <module>
    ForcedPhotCoaddTask.parseAndRun()
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pipe_base/17.0.1/python/lsst/pipe/base/cmdLineTask.py", line 598, in parseAndRun
    parsedCmd = argumentParser.parse_args(config=config, args=args, log=log, override=cls.applyOverrides)
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pipe_base/17.0.1/python/lsst/pipe/base/argumentParser.py", line 639, in parse_args
    self._applyInitialOverrides(namespace)
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pipe_base/17.0.1/python/lsst/pipe/base/argumentParser.py", line 837, in _applyInitialOverrides
    namespace.config.load(filePath)
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/config.py", line 938, in load
    self.loadFromStream(stream=code, root=root)
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/config.py", line 976, in loadFromStream
    exec(stream, {}, local)
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/obs_subaru/17.0.1/config/forcedPhotCoadd.py", line 44, in <module>
    config.measurement.plugins["ext_convolved_ConvolvedFlux"].getAllResultNames())
  File "/usr/local/src/lsst_stack/stack/miniconda3-4.5.4-fcd27eb/Linux64/pex_config/17.0.1/python/lsst/pex/config/configChoiceField.py", line 252, in __getitem__
    "Unknown key %r in Registry/ConfigChoiceField" % k)
lsst.pex.config.config.FieldValidationError: RegistryField 'measurement.plugins' failed validation: Unknown key 'ext_convolved_ConvolvedFlux' in Registry/ConfigChoiceField
For more information read the Field definition at:
  File pex/config/registry.py:316 (__init__)And the Config definition at:
  File meas/base/forcedMeasurement.py:169 (<module>)

Not sure what to do about this one. It appears similar but not identical to a couple of bug reports back in Jul 18 but they’ve been fixed.

(Added in edit: needed to ‘setup meas_extensions_convolved’. Perhaps this could be added to the tutorial instructions.

Are you not doing setup lsst_distrib?

I thought so. I’m using the same shell for all the tutorials in turn and I’m pretty sure that the setup was doen correctly at the start. However, the process has been spread over more than two days and I’m no longer certain. I’ll re-run the tutorial from scratch and report back.

Mea culpa. Re-ran from stage4 onwards and everything went smoothly.
My apologies for the false alarm.