Lsst sims failed install

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help. Due to a new computer install I am trying to reinstall the the sims. However, I run in to a pytest error on the sims_catalogs. I’ve trying downgrading a few packages unsuccessfully. I am using newinstall from scratch. The error is the following (the log is significantly longer).

Thanks!!

***** error: from /home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/build.log:
tests/testCompoundCatalogDBObject.py::CompoundCatalogDBObjectTestCase::testUniversalTableRestriction
/home/tanguita/lsst/python/miniconda3-4.5.12/envs/lsst-scipipe-1172c30/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/type_check.py:546: DeprecationWarning: np.asscalar(a) is deprecated since NumPy v1.16, use a.item() instead
‘a.item() instead’, DeprecationWarning, stacklevel=1)

tests/testFilteringCatalogs.py::InstanceCatalogTestCase::test_adding_filter
/home/tanguita/lsst/python/miniconda3-4.5.12/envs/lsst-scipipe-1172c30/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/type_check.py:546: DeprecationWarning: np.asscalar(a) is deprecated since NumPy v1.16, use a.item() instead
‘a.item() instead’, DeprecationWarning, stacklevel=1)

– Docs: http://doc.pytest.org/en/latest/warnings.html
============= 15 failed, 104 passed, 67 warnings in 18.04 seconds ==============
Coverage.py warning: No data was collected. (no-data-collected)
Global pytest run: failed with 1
Failed test output:
Global pytest output is in /home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/tests/.tests/pytest-sims_catalogs.xml.failed
The following tests failed:
/home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/tests/.tests/pytest-sims_catalogs.xml.failed
1 tests failed
scons: *** [checkTestStatus] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

• exit -4
    eups distrib: Failed to build sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims.eupspkg: Command:
    source “/home/tanguita/lsst/eups/2.1.5/bin/setups.sh”; export EUPS_PATH="/home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30"; (/home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/build.sh) >> /home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/build.log 2>&1 4>/home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/build.msg

Hi Timo,

I’m hoping someone else will chime in to properly solve the problem, but I think you’ll have to attach the unit test output file:
/home/tanguita/lsst/stack/miniconda3-4.5.12-1172c30/EupsBuildDir/Linux64/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/sims_catalogs-2.13.0.sims/tests/.tests/pytest-sims_catalogs.xml.failed

It looks like you’re using the master version of newinstall.sh (is that right?) - Did you also let newinstall install miniconda and so you’re using that version of python? what version of numpy do you have?

Lynne

As Lynne said, please post the unit test log.

Also: what command did you run. If you were following the docs, you might have run

eups distrib install lsst_sims -t sims

Unfortunately, that is out of date. We now have weekly releases of the sims stack being automatically produced and have given up maintaining the -t sims tag. There’s no good place to find what the latest weekly tag is, unfortunately. Looking at the releases tab of the lsst/afw github repo, we are on w.2019.14 so

eups distrib install lsst_sims -t sims_w_2019_14

whould work. I know I did some work a few weeks ago to get the sims stack to build on numpy 1.15. Maybe that will solve your problem.

Hi Lynne/Scott,

Thank your for your quick reply. I’ve attached the output file.

I am using python 3.7.3 and numpy 0.16.4 (just using the miniconda from the newinstall.sh from scratch).

I knew about the weekly builds but indeed had no idea how to find the tag names. I will try with sims_w_2019_14

Cheers and thanks again,

Timo
pytest-sims_catalogs.xml.failed (70.8 KB)

Hi Scott,

Indeed that worked! Thanks.

Timo