QUB login not working on RSP

I am a masters student a Queen’s University Belfast. I have been able to logon previously using the institutional login, however access has not been consistent - at times the QUB portal does not load. Is it possible to use a different authentication method? I have Github, it is possible to use this instead?

You can add other authentication methods, including GitHub, following these instructions: Linking additional identities — Rubin Science Platform

Thanks for this Gloria. I can’t login to do this currently. The CILogin is not redirecting to the QUB authentication page, reporting a server not found. If there’s any helpful additional information I can provide, please let me know.

I was able to get logged on this morning and switched to using GitHub authentication. Thanks for this really helpful advice, Gloria.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I’m unable to log in so I can’t change to GitHub. Is there a way on your side to change over my account so I can authenticate via GitHub?

Hi @Scunningham-9 – it looks like you don’t yet have a Rubin Science Platform account at data.lsst.cloud.

Use the “getting started with DP0 checklist” and, in particular, these instructions for getting an account in the RSP. It is recommended to use your institutional affiliation as your identity provider at first (and your institutional email), and then once you’re able to log in you can add GitHub as a secondary identity provider.