Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Establishing if Science Pipeline is ready for next release.
Tentative target date to close the release June 21st 2018.
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
To all science pipeline contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in next 16.0 release. If no outstanding issues are highlighted, and no problems are found, we plan to use next weekly build (w_2018_22) as starting point for the 16.0 major release.
- Wait for them to clear
Release Engineering Steps
- Git Tag v16.0.rc1
- Eups publish rc1 candidate (based on b3638) (also w_2018_22)
- Branch v16 of newinstall.sh
- Github release lsst_demo v16
- Wait for first round of bugs to clear
- Repeat last 2 steps, -rc2 and rc3 candidates <-- final candidate is rc2
- Confirm DM Externals are at stable tags
- Full OS testing (see https://ls.st/faq )
- Tag DM Auxilliary (non-lsst_distrib) repos
- Git Tag 16.0, rebuild, eups publish
Binary release steps
- Produce factory binaries (produced using tarball-matrix)
- Test factory binaries
- Gather contributed binaries
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Email announcement