Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Establishing if Science Pipeline is ready for next release.
Tentative target date to close the release on November 27th, 2019.
Release Jira issue: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-18119
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
To all science pipeline contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in the next 19.0.0 release. If no outstanding issues are highlighted, and no problems are found, we plan to use the next weekly build (w_2019_43 from October the 26th) as the starting point for the 19.0.0 major release.
- Wait for contributors to clear
- The weekly build identified as the starting point for the release is w_2019_46.
Release Engineering Steps
- Git Tag v19.0.0.rc1
- Eups publish rc1 candidate (based on b4576) (also w_2019_46)
- Branch v19.0 of newinstall.sh
- Github release lsst_demo v19
- Wait for the first round of bugs to clear
- Repeat last 2 steps, -rc2 and rc3 candidates <-- final candidate is rc1
- Confirm DM Externals are at stable tags
- Full OS testing (see https://ls.st/faq )
- Tag DM Auxilliary (non-lsst_distrib) repos
- Git Tag 19.0.0, rebuild, eups publish
Binary release steps
- Produce factory binaries (produced using tarball-matrix)
- Test factory binaries
- Gather contributed binaries
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Email announcement