Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Release Precursor Steps
Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
Contributors check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in the next release and relate them as blocker to the issue DM-20564.
- Wait until all blocking issues are resolved.
- Create Jira issues for each release activity.
- Check that the weekly build is scientifically suitable to be used as starting point for the release
Release Jira issue: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-20564
Tentative weekly to use as starting point for the release is w_20YY_18
Tentative target date to close the release is 2020-05-29.
Release Engineering Steps
- Create first release candidate v20.0.0.rc1
- Release candidate v20.0.0.rc1 available:
- Build: bxxxxx
- Weekly: w_2020_WW
- Build the release candidate on supported platforms. Report bugs in Jira if any.
- Invite developers, contributors and downstream users to verify the release candidate and report bugs in Jira if any.
- Wait for bugs and additional issues to be identified, fixed and ported to the release branch.
- Create new release candidates if bugs / new issues have been fixed in the release branch
- Create official release 20.0.0
In parallel with the engineering steps, after rc1 is available.
Integration on 20.0.x branch of pipelines_lsst_io
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Release availability community post