Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
Contributors check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in the next release and relate them as blockers to the issue DM-22815.
- Wait until all blocking issues are resolved.
- Create Jira issues for each release activity
- Check that the weekly build is scientifically suitable to be used as the starting point for the release
Release Jira issue: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-22815
Tentative weekly to use as the starting point for the release is w_2020_45.
The tentative target date to close the release is 2020-11-27.
Release Engineering Steps
- Create first release candidate v21.0.0.rc1
- Release candidate v21.0.0.rc1 available:
- Build: b5192
- Weekly: w_2020_46
- Build the release candidate on supported platforms. Report bugs in Jira if any.
- Invite developers, contributors, and downstream users to verify the release candidate and report bugs in Jira if any.
- Wait for bugs and additional issues to be identified, fixed, and ported to the release branch.
- Create new release candidates if bugs / new issues have been fixed in the release branch
- Create official release 21.0.0
In parallel with the engineering steps, after rc1 is available.
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Update Known Issues
- Release availability community post