Using the Calibration Products Production Package

Hello,
I work in the Euclid Consortium’s Science Ground Segment on Simulations and Processing of External Surveys with specific focus to LSST. As the agreement between Rubin and Euclid has yet to be forged, our dev team is working under the assumption that raw Rubin data will be processed by the Euclid Science Ground Segment using the LSST Stack at cc.in2p3.fr. In preparation for this, we run simple Euclid pixel simulations of LSST adopting the format of LsstCamImSim.
We would like to produce the calibration frames needed for the ISR pipetask. According to the quantum graph generated for LsstCamImSim, we see in addition to the calibration frames (bias, dark, flats) other calibrations frames: fringe, BFE kernel, Crosstalk, etc. According to the DESC DC2 paper, these calibration frames were produced using the Calibration Products Production Package. However, the Readme doesn’t explain how to run the code, which is what we would like to be able to do to evaluate the outputs. Therefore, any assistance would be highly appreciated.

As far as I know, the Pipelines docs are the best source for this information.

Note that it is not necessary to produce each possible input to ISR; it is possible to use config flags (e.g., doDark, doBrighterFatter) to turn off specific kinds of processing. This may help with testing.

Thanks a lot for the link. We understand that. Actually, we have to set those config flags to False in order to perform the ISR task.

Hi @kfindeisen, can you confirm for me the units of the master bias, master darks, and master flat calibration products? We will be using these calib products as inputs into the Euclid simulator for ground-based surveys (e.g. Rubin, DES, etc) and don’t want to make any false assumptions. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with the details of the data. @czw might know.

The bias and dark are in units of ADU. The flat is unitless.