Failed RSP Login via CILogon

I followed the steps 1-4 from the account set-up instructions here:

On step 5, I get to the “Self Signup with Approval” page with a botton to “Start”. After pressing this button, I get the following error message:

The identifier "http://cilogon.org/serverE/users/XXXXXX" is not registered. If your request for enrollment is still being processed, you will not be able to login until it is approved. Please contact an administrator for assistance.

I believe that my request for enrollment was already approved. I know that I am on the data rights holder list as a JA. Am I being dense or is this a bug?

Hi Connor,

Thanks for this message. It looks to me like this is an open issue that has been reported as of a few days ago:

Thanks for reporting this.

-Aaron

Just adding that my student and I have both encountered the same error in the last two days. (Using GitHub as the authenticator since we are at a small school).

Please keep us up to date on a fix if it becomes available.

Jennifer Cash
Deidre Gilliard

@drjenncash and @cbottrell , the message is that the authentication provider has now fixed this - please try again and let us know?

1 Like

Hi All,

I can confirm that the issue appears to be resolved.

Best,
Connor

3 posts were split to a new topic: 503 error when attempting to access RSP Notebook Aspect

The issue seems to be resolved for me. I will check with my student and report if there are any issues for her.

1 Like