Failed to build daf_base

Hello everyone! I am trying to install the LSST Science Pipelines. I followed the instructions in the ‘Install with newinstall.sh and eups distrib’ guide for installation(Install with newinstall.sh and eups distrib — LSST Science Pipelines). However, I encountered difficulties in the ‘4. Install Science Pipelines packages’ step. I am unable to install daf_base. Can anyone help me figure out how to solve this problem? Thank you very much! My system is macOS Ventura 13.4.1.

pytest-daf_base.xml.failed (7.7 KB)

The relevant lines from the test output are:

[gw4] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw4' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertyList.py::PropertyListTestCase::testHierarchy2'
__________________________ tests/test_PropertyList.py __________________________
[gw3] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw3' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertyList.py::PropertyListTestCase::testGetAs'
__________________________ tests/test_PropertyList.py __________________________
[gw5] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw5' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertyList.py::PropertyListTestCase::testToString'
[gw2] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw2' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertyList.py::PropertyListTestCase::testCombine'
_________________________ tests/test_PropertySet_2.py __________________________
[gw6] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw6' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertySet_2.py::PropertySetTestCase::testCopy'
_________________________ tests/test_PropertySet_2.py __________________________
[gw7] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw7' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertySet_2.py::PropertySetTestCase::testScalar'
[gw1] darwin -- Python 3.10.12 /Users/paidaimeng/lsst_stack/conda/miniconda3-py38_4.9.2/envs/lsst-scipipe-6.0.0/bin/python3.10
worker 'gw1' crashed while running 'tests/test_PropertyList.py::PropertyListTestCase::testAddVector'

You are getting a SEGV or something during some of the tests. Do you have any crash reports in Console.app ?

Are you running Apple silicon or Intel? You are building with Intel architecture.

Hello Tim!
Thank you very much for your reply!
I received the following feedback in the terminal.

I use Apple silicon(M1). How do I install LSST Science Pipelines on an M1 chip?

Use lsstinstall:

https://pipelines.lsst.io/v/weekly/install/lsstinstall.html#install-with-lsstinstall-and-eups-distrib

Thank you!