Here is where we currently are in the release process. Current step in bold.
Establishing if Science Pipeline is ready for next release.
Tentative target date to close the release: February 28th, 2019 (previously was November 25ft 2018).
Release Precursor Steps
- Identify any pre-release blockers (“must-have features”)
To all science pipeline contributors, please check if there are outstanding issues that have to be included in the next 17.0 release. If no outstanding issues are highlighted, and no problems are found, we plan to use next weekly build (w_2018_42 from October the 22nd) as a starting point for the 17.0 major release.
- Wait for contributors to clear
Release Engineering Steps
- Branch 17.0.x of newinstall.sh
- Build and publish rc1 release candidate (based on w.2019.06)
- Wait for first round of bugs to clear
- Build and publish additional rcX releases if/as necessary
- regression found, rc1 is discarded,
- v17.0.rc2 build and published based on w.2019.07
- Wait for checks on v17.0.rc2
- Full OS testing (see https://ls.st/faq )
- Build and publish final release
- Release Completed
Integration on 17.0.x branch of pipelines_lsst_io
- Update Prereqs/Install
- Update Known Issues
- Gather Release notes
- Gather Metrics report
- Email announcement