Stack installation failure - tagname validation problem

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the LSST stack using the newinstall.sh on a macOS Mojave.
I am following the instructions provided here: Install with newinstall.sh and eups distrib — LSST Science Pipelines

Apparently, my system home address, which is an integer, raises some problems when I try bash newinstall.sh -ct in a terminal. Here are the last few lines of messages that I get when the process stops unfinished:

Finished compiler-rt_osx-64                   (00m:01s)               6 MB    163 KB/sting   [==============>                          ] (00m:37s)    164 / 463
Downloading  [=========================================] (02m:01s)   15.01 MB/s
Extracting   [=========================================] (02m:01s)    463 / 463
Preparing transaction: done
Verifying transaction: done
Executing transaction: \ 
/ 
done
#
# To activate this environment, use
#
#     $ conda activate lsst-scipipe-4.0.5
#
# To deactivate an active environment, use
#
#     $ conda deactivate

Cleaning conda environment...
done
setup: Unable to process tag 45028222: An integer is not a valid tagname 
(base) sci-9583:lsst_stack 45028222$

I should mention that my system home address is 45028222.
I will appreciate advice on how to solve this problem.

The problem is not your home directory; the problem is that your username is numeric. Your username is automatically used to create an eups tag, but eups does not allow numeric tags.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a good workaround for this; environment variables and eups configuration files cannot override the behavior as currently coded. If you can’t get/create an account with at least one non-digit character in the username, you’ll have to wait until we can apply a fix to eups itself.

Thanks for the explanation.
I should ask someone with admin access from my IT department to change my system’s username then.