Where can I find information on the DP0 proposal format, number of pages, amount of details required etc. ?
Data Preview 0: Register now for early use of the Rubin Science Platform has information. The application form linked from there is quite simple and does not require a detailed proposal (or any proposal, actually).
Thanks a lot for the reply! Just to be sure, I have the following questions. In the case they have already been addressed elsewhere, please do redirect me to it
- Does filling the google form and submitting it complete the DP0 application process?
- What are the differences between DP0 and DC2 datasets? What are the new additions to DP0?
- Since DC2 is available for all, I was wondering what advantages and extra features DP0 have?
- Do members of science collaborations get access to DP0 anyway?
Thank you in advance
Hi @punyakoti, thank you for these questions, I’m happy to answer them for you.
- Yes, the Google form is the only step of the DP0 application process.
- The DP0 data set is a subset of the DC2 simulation – I have linked to two other posts below that describe the DP0 data set in more detail.
- The DC2 catalogs are publicly available, yes – but the advantage of DP0 participation is use of the Rubin Science Platform for data access and analysis.
- Unfortunately the Rubin Observatory cannot accommodate all members of the Science Collaborations as DP0 participants.