DP0 proposal format

Hi,
Where can I find information on the DP0 proposal format, number of pages, amount of details required etc. ?

Data Preview 0: Register now for early use of the Rubin Science Platform has information. The application form linked from there is quite simple and does not require a detailed proposal (or any proposal, actually).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply! Just to be sure, I have the following questions. In the case they have already been addressed elsewhere, please do redirect me to it :slight_smile:

1. Does filling the google form and submitting it complete the DP0 application process?
  2. What are the differences between DP0 and DC2 datasets? What are the new additions to DP0?
  3. Since DC2 is available for all, I was wondering what advantages and extra features DP0 have?
  4. Do members of science collaborations get access to DP0 anyway?
    Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @punyakoti, thank you for these questions, I’m happy to answer them for you.

1. Yes, the Google form is the only step of the DP0 application process.
  2. The DP0 data set is a subset of the DC2 simulation – I have linked to two other posts below that describe the DP0 data set in more detail.
  3. The DC2 catalogs are publicly available, yes – but the advantage of DP0 participation is use of the Rubin Science Platform for data access and analysis.
  4. Unfortunately the Rubin Observatory cannot accommodate all members of the Science Collaborations as DP0 participants.